Sunday, April 6, 2008

Grandma Debbie Visits

My mom came to visit us the first week of March. The weather finally cooperated for her to drive over from Elko, Nv. The kids were super excited to see her. I'm sure the fact that she always brings toys and treats for them has nothing to do with that.

Grandma Debbie held Peyton the whole time she was here. It let me get a few projects done. That was so nice! I know she loved being able to hold my sweet little guy too!


One of my favorite memories growing up is doing crafts with my mom. She is a very talented artist and we did a lot of crafts of all kinds. One memory that stands out is decorating valentines for my grandparents, another is an awesome two story victorian gingerbread house she made. (I'm sure we just watched on that one.) She brought a few fun craft projects to do with the kids. Some worked better than others. (Notice there are no pictures of the colapsing chocolate cookie easter bunny house.)
But the kids had a great time and made some fun memories with grandma Debbie. We are so glad that she came to visit us!
The finished products! These were posters made from sticker kits. They are still displayed in my dining room.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi crafty Debbie!
I remember that about you too, you always did fun stuff at your house. Actually, when I think about my aunt Debbie I think of apricot fruit leather, yum.

Grandma Debbie said...

Well, I'd probably would have spruced up a bit if
I had known I would end up here! I sooooooooooo enjoyed seeing my grandbabies and can't wait to see them again!