Here is Stockton getting ready to walk to the bus stop. His first day of school wasn't what either of us expected. I took Peyton in for some shots on Monday. The doctor said that they had the flu mist in and that I could get it for the other two. I haven't ever done flu shots or mist before, but with H1N1 and everything I thought it couldn't hurt. So school started on wednesday. At about 5:30am both Stockton and Abby woke up and said they didn't feel well. I thought they might be having a little reaction to the mist, gave them some advil and sent them back to bed. They woke up, got ready and seemed fine. So when it was about time for Stock to get home I started looking for him. After a few minutes I could here crying coming from outside. I realized it was Stockton and thought maybe he had been stung by a bee or something. He came in the house with wracking sobs and said "nobody would play with me." Apparently he had cried the whole way home on the bus and everything. My mother heart was broken. So I started to rub his leg and his back and noticed that he felt quite hot. I took his temp and it was 102. So I called the dr's office and asked if that could be a side effect from the flu mist. It turns out that I took him back and he had strep throat. Poor kid. We got him on antibiotics and he felt much better within 24 hours. I felt bad that I had sent him to school, but I had no idea he had strep. Later that night I asked him what he did at recess when he couldn't find any friends. He said that he had just wandered around and looked for a place to take a nap. I wish he would have called me, but oh well.
Just for the record, the last few days he has come home and said that school was "awesome." He likes his teacher and is having fun playing with new friends and old ones too.





4 comments:
Did you cry?! I just know I'm going to be one of THOSE moms! I teared up when Carter went into the nursery for the first time. So cute, I can't believe how tall Stockton has gotten. Hope we can all get together next summer for a family reunion. Also hope you are getting some "me" time! Thanks for sharing all the pics.
Poor Stockton! That is horrible! Glad he is feeling better and finding new friends:) Abby looks gorgeous.. and so grown up!
Poor little guy! I'm glad that things got better and he is having fun at school. But what a rough way to start the year.
Poor little Stocky, that breaks my heart.
Post a Comment