Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lagoona Beach

People are starting to give me a bad time that is has been so long since I have posted. It has just been a busy summer. It doesn't help that Peyton always wants to help me push keys on the computer these days either. So I will try to be good and catch up on all the fun things we did this summer starting by finishing our California trip.

Uncle Kyle is so good. He got right in and played with the kids. He and Peyton built this cool sand castle.


There was a school of dolphins that kept swimming along the beach. They were way close and I being the tourist I was-- started getting really excited and pointing them out. Other people just looked at me like I was a stupid tourist. Then some other people noticed too and finally there were tons of people standing by the water pointing. I felt vindicated!! I couldn't believe how close they got to the shore, but it was really fun to watch.

The kids were pretty happy just playing in the sand. The surf was really big and rough. It would have knocked the kids over and swept them away. So I was glad they were happy without getting in.

The kids play together so well on the beach. I wish they could get along that good all the time.
Before we left, Stockton and I went over to some tide pools and let some kind of plant things close around our fingers. I think they might have been sea urchins, but I could be totally wrong on the name. It was lots of fun. It makes me wish we lived a little closer to the beach.

No comments: