
It was the first day of school yesterday. I was actually really sad to see him go. I started to miss him sunday night even before he left. I thought I would have to wear my sunglasses so he wouldn't see me get all emotional. But I did great. No tears. And the day went by faster than I thought it would. He doesn't get home until around 4:00 though. That seems so late to me. Abby was bored all day without him, but it didn't take long for them to fight with each other once he got home. She will start two day a week preschool next week.
It sounded like it went well. He played with some of his friends who are in another class at recess and made some new friends too. School lunch even went better than I thought, although we packed a sack lunch for today. He likes his teacher. He has lots of homework though. I think we may have a hard time cracking down and getting everything done that he has to do. But I can see how much he will progress from what we are already working on. I know everyone tells you how fast kids grow up, but I really can't believe he is such a big kid already!!!!



1 comment:
What a big kid! Congrats for not crying; how were you able to hold yourself together--I'm sure I would've been a big mess! It's hard to believe summer is gone already. Although the kids here don't start back until after Labor Day. Hope all is well!!
Post a Comment