Actually he has been crawling for almost 2 weeks now. It only took a couple of days to go from the commando crawl to the hands and knees stuff. He is into everything. I forgot about electrical outlets (luckily most of ours still have the covers from Stockton), garbage cans, and any little crumbs on the floor. He has already bonked his head on the tile, walls,etc. a million times and has learned to pull open the drawers and smashed his fingers several times too. It is a hard life to be a baby.



The kids have had an eye opener too. They can't have a snack or play with toys on the floor without getting climbed on or things stolen. They have started having to play and eat in all kinds of new places.
Even the camera isn't safe!
I also remember now why I took most of the magnets off the fridge. Several new ones have made their way onto the fridge since Abby was crawling. I put them back on the fridge probably about 10 times a day at least. But he can't choke on them and it keeps him busy sometimes when I am trying to do something else. So if you come over and see them all over you will know the story.
I forgot how hard getting diapers on is at this stage. It is a wrestling match every time. He thinks it is so funny to crawl away from me naked (or just without a diaper). It is kind of a game now. I will say "come here Peyton". He just smiles and crawls away as fast as he can. Then he stops and looks at me and we do it all over again until I finally go get him and wrestle him. But no matter how hard he makes things sometimes, you just see that sweet baby smile and it melts my heart. We are so glad to have him! He just about has us all whipped into shape!



2 comments:
That bottom picture is so adorable. Isn't the crawling so wierd to see? I can't believe how big our boys are getting. I can only hope that Nick crawling might exhaust him a little and give me a bit of a bread from the crankiness.
I love that last picture the most too. I can't believe he is crawling. It doesn't seem that Carter is anywhere close to doing it anytime soon but he does try to pull himself up on us. So fun! What a big boy!!
Post a Comment