Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Crazy Mommy Days

I had one of those crazy mommy days last week. The kind where you don't know if you can handle one more thing--- and then you get one more thing to deal with.
I am glad to say that I have only had a handful of these in my time as a mom. Even though it is so hard at the time, you can look back (even a few days later) and laugh. After I survive one of those days, I look back and think how much I grow each time. I feel like I get pushed to the edge of what I can do and
handle--- then go past it. It helps me grow so much in patience and learn about myself. That may sound dramtic, but if you have had one of these days, you know exactly what I am talking about!
It all started when Stockton got home from school the other day with a sore throat. I didn't think too much about it. He seemed fine going to sleep that night and everything. I went to bed about 10:30 that night and just as I lay my head down I heard some coughing and then dramatic screaming/crying saying "I can't believe this happened to me." I went in to see what was going on before he woke up Peyton. He had thrown up all over!!!! It was pretty bad. I had to put him in the shower and tore all his bedding off and started doing the wash right then. So we were up until about 3 am or so taking care of a puking boy. He finally fell asleep. Then I almost killed the washer trying to wash his pillows. (They are small kid pillows). I swear I had washed them before, but I guess not. I thought the washer was going to bounce right into our room. So I ended up just throwing the dripping wet, half washed puke pillows in the garbage.
It was about 3:30 and I layed down again trying to relax and just go to sleep. Right as I did, Peyton started screaming and didn't stop. Since I was already awake anyway I decided to just go rock him. So I did that for about 45 minutes until I could get him back in his crib asleep. I finally layed down and fell completely asleep until I heard Abby's sweet little voice waking me up. I looked at the clock and it was 5 am. She was ready to be up for the day and wanted breakfast and cartoons. Shortly after that Peyton woke up for the day--- so I was up with about 1 or 2 hours sleep.
I just knew that Stock had strep which he did, and once we got him to the doctor he was feeling better. But that left me with a ton of laundry to do. I am not kidding, the pile was almost to my thighs!!!
Which brings me to the pics below. I was in trying to remake Stock's bed when I heard a strange noise in the bathroom.

This is what I saw!!! Usually we try to keep the bathroom doors closed, but I guess we didn't quite get it done.




The little bit that made it to his room got shredded and he was trying to hand me the pieces.
This is when I sat in his chair and thought I can laugh or cry right now. On the first few crazy mommy days I might have cried. But I have survived a few of them now and so I decided to laugh. Hysterically actually. I think I was delierious! Anyway. We survived and although it might not sound like such a bad day to you, it was hard for me. But I am laughing as I write this post. I hope some of you moms will get a good laugh too.





4 comments:

Shannon said...

For me, if I have a lack of sleep, I know the days going to be hard! And 1-2 hours is definitely a lack of sleep! I'm glad you survived! Your kids are so so cute! Sad story, but I just keep picturing how cute they are!

Shannon said...

Oh and I'm supposed to tell you hi from Randy Hiskey! I guess he know you from school! He's married to my cousin, Kristin.

Haskell Fam said...

I heard Stockton had strep but of coarse andy didn`t tell me the entire story. Sorry you had such a bad day. Love the Peyton story, and I am definitely glad you were able to laugh at that point in your day who knows what I would have done! You are a great mom. Love Ya

Anonymous said...

Oh man, sorry you had such a rough day. Luckily the really bad ones only come every once in awhile! Hope no one else is puking at your house!!