Easter was so cold and snowy. We didn't take the kids to the town Easter Egg hunt because it was raining (and Andy had to work that morning). We snuck outside for a few cold dry minutes to roll eggs.
We decided to do an inside hunt in the basement for them. They thought it was really fun and weren't disappointed at all. Peyton loved the idea of finding the eggs. He was so excited.
He also loved coloring the eggs. He liked to hold them and smoosh the shells. He must have liked the noise and feeling of the cracking. So we had to limit his helping a little so that he would have some eggs to roll later.
The kids were so excited to see that the Easter bunny had come. It was almost like Chirstmas. And all they really got was a little candy and a couple of cheap toys from the dollar store. But I am so glad that they loved it.
I sure hope that next year is warm enough to be outside and doing our normal traditions, but I am so thankful to have kids that were just happy to be doing something and totally satisfied with what they got. I have been slacking on my computer time. I started reading the twilight series. I had been putting it off for a time when I went to a conference with Andy or something so that I would have lots of time to read at once. I had heard how addicting they are. But I ended up watching the movie and that made me want to read the book. So I have finished the first two and now I am waiting a few days to start the third one so that I can get some things done around the house. But I am already getting obsessed! Oh well.



1 comment:
I love how easy to please children are sometimes!!
As for the Twilight series...They ARE addicting! I read the third one in two days and now am 3/4 of the way finished with the fourth. I have to force myself to put it down to do ANYTHING around the house.....
Post a Comment