Friday, April 24, 2009

Abby Turns 4

We celebrated Abby's 4th birthday the other day. I can't believe how fast time goes by. It scares me sometimes. We had a few of her friends over for a little party. We had a girly theme. Her cake was supposed to be a dollhouse. I put it off till the last minute though and it didn't turn out quite like the picture I was copying. But she loved it and thought it was awesome, so that is all that matters. We made candy and cereal necklaces and broke a pinata. I was laughing. I had planned some games, but the girls just wanted to open presents and play. It was kind of funny and made me wonder why I even planned anything. It was just like a playdate. But I think they all had fun.

Ok, I was too lazy to scan in this picture and it didn't turn out very well. This is one of my favorites from Abby's baby days.

Peyton loved the candy from the pinata too.



I was having fun with my camera. I turned up the shutter speed so that I could get some fun action shots of the pinata breaking. Of course we had to help out some before it broke, but they all thought it was awsome!

They were all pretty excited to have her open her presents. Thats all they wanted to do. I was going to save it for last, but I couldn't. Then they all played with the new toys. She shared really well. I was happy about that.

These are the little purse goodie bags we gave out. I thought they turned out really cute.

I am actually really embarassed to put a picture of the sad cake on here. But I know the grandmas would want to see. I am just glad that she was excited about it.

2 comments:

Kelly Stanworth said...

The purses are darling. You are so creative. I saw them at you house the other day before the party and thought they were super cute. Way to go on making your own cake! You always do such fun birthday stuff...I'm such a party-pooper.

The Hill Family said...

The cake looks great! No need to be embarassed...I didn't even make one this year becuase I was afraid to mess up his birthday. Our Easter was cold & rainy too. Looks like the kiddos had fun and that Abby had a great birthday though!