We have been very busy for the last few weeks. We have been working on the house inside and out. After 3 or so years of talking, thinking, budgeting, and getting bids... we finally got a fence. We are really loving it. It really makes our back yard cozy and private. It looks so clean and tidy. We also decided we better finally plant something in our flower beds. So we got some starts from my awsome green thumb cousin Rachel and we bought a few things at a local nursery too. We still have some filling in to do. But it is hard to know how much to buy because most of the things we got are going to get much bigger and fill in in the next couple of years.
Here is the inside portion of our improvement. This is the view of the dining room from the doorway. We still need a light fixture and I am going to do some vinyl wording in one area, but that can wait. I had andy do the wainscoating last summer and now I finally finished the rest.
New pillows and the bench I love that andy made out of a bedframe. We had it outside for a couple of summers so it has a real aged look.
This is the view of the living room from the back door. I am loving the rug and pillows. What can I say..... simple pleasures.
I know Andy wanted to make fun of my green chicken. He really thought about it and asked me where I got it. But he didn't. I couldn't resist. It fit in with my "sort of french country style" too well and was on clearance.
Obviously I updated the living and dining room and some of the kitchen. I still have a few projects left for there. I am still loving the green. But I changed to black, white, and silver with a little bit of brown as accent colors. I had andy make me another little bench that I painted black. I put the three metal bins under it. Each of our kids has one with their shoes, so they can sit on the bench and put them on before they go outside. Ok, maybe not peyton yet, but you get the idea.
I am really loving photography lately so I really wanted to make a little gallery area to display the pictures that I love to look at. They all look a little crooked to me, but I used a level on each one, so I know they're not.
The view from the front door.
It is hard to see what all we have. They are little now and seemed scattered. They will all fill in eventually I think.





5 comments:
You all have been hard at work! Your house is darling! I just did a wall in our dining area with black & white photos, all in black frames that looks similar to yours. =)
Love, love, love the decorating! Some day when we have money, you should help me decorate our place. I'm very happy that your fence is compete and all that comes with it.
Amber it looks so amazing! You have done such an awesome job! I totally forgot that I was going to come check it all out on Sunday, so I will have to wait until you get home from your vaca. Hope you are having fun. Love Ya~Stacy
I have always loved your decorating style. Your house looks gorgeous, like it came out of a magazine! Congrats on the fence, I can't wait till we can get one.
it all looks so great! You have a gift girl.
Post a Comment