The summer seems to have disappeared before our eyes. I think we are having a mid-summer crisis. Andy has been working a lot and I have been super busy too just trying to keep up with three kids and housework. The kids register for school tomorrow and then it starts on the 19th. We have done some fun big things, but seem to have missed all the little things in between. So we are trying to spend some time having fun doing the little things like running through the sprinklers and having Popsicles, boating, sleeping out, etc. We are still hoping to fit in a trip to the cabin and some camping somewhere.
Peyton has been getting so much personality lately. He is so funny. The kids have him doing this funny face and a squeal to go with it when he eats. It is so funny that I can't even get annoyed.
Along with being silly, he is also getting tons of teeth. He only had two up until the middle of July (17 months old). He has been pretty miserable and all of his gums were swollen. I looked in there while we were in Boston and was surprised to see a molar had come through. Now we are working on about 6 teeth at once! Ouch! But he is a trooper. A slobbery one though. He is starting to try and talk too. It is so much fun to see him try to communicate and kind of be able to understand some of it.
We went boating for family night with Ryan and Stacy and the cousins. Our kids love to play with the cousins. Uncle Ryan was the only adult who would get in with the kids, but they had a blast jumping off the back and swimming around. Stockton is very much like his grandma Maxyne and couldn't wait to get back to the shore. We will have to keep working on him.
Peyton really wanted to jump in, but he just had to watch this time.
The sunset was so pretty!! I love this time of day.
The kids also wanted to run through the sprinkler as a family on Saturday. I fully planned to just watch and take pictures, but Andy made me put on my swimsuit and run through too. (Boy was I wishing the yard was totally fenced in then to limit the show for my neighbors!) But it was fun and we had a great time. I was glad that I am the picture taker, hence none with me in said scary, cottage cheese, whiteness pictures.Peyton was so cute. He wanted to run just like the big kids, but he got most of it in the face. So when he got too close, he would turn and run back out.

Stockton is on a total goggle kick right now, but whatever works.
Abby was pretending to be something, but having fun in her goggles too. Maybe they needed them to protect them from Andy's blinding whiteness? He was such a good sport and really got into it with them. I did run through too, but he is so much better at playing with them than I am. Thank goodness for fun daddys.

Stockton is on a total goggle kick right now, but whatever works.
Abby was pretending to be something, but having fun in her goggles too. Maybe they needed them to protect them from Andy's blinding whiteness? He was such a good sport and really got into it with them. I did run through too, but he is so much better at playing with them than I am. Thank goodness for fun daddys.



4 comments:
Andy practically glows out there on your grass! I shouldn't say anything because Jeff & I would look just the same in swimsuits.
you better tell Andy to put a shirt on, he'll have chicks bombarding your back yard.
It doesn't matter how pale you are what matters is that you were out there with you kids building memories. Thanks for being great parents. We love you G & G Haskell the white lightenings of Boston!
You are so fun to run through the sprinklers with your kids!! Sounds like you are having a fun summer! I was at ChristiAnn's house a few weeks ago and wanted to stop by so bad, but we were all sick and I didn't think it was a good idea to spread the germs we caught on the way to Utah. Hopefully we'll catch up with you next time we're out to visit - not sure when that will be yet, but it was sure good to be back in Utah!
Post a Comment