Saturday, October 31, 2009

Little Ninja Yellow Belt

Stockton really wanted to do karate since the end of school last year. I was going to look into it all summer, but finally took him to sign up this fall. The price included a deal of two for one so I ended up enrolling Abby too. She is a level down from Stockton in a group they call "Little Ninjas." They had a test today to earn their yellow belt. It is not the same as the yellow belt that Stockton will earn soon, but still a sign of the progress she has made in her class.

The class showing off their new belts.

The parents were invited to help put the new belts on their children. Its a good thing too. They were so stiff there is no way Abby could have gotten it tied.

Doing the ceremonial changing of the the belts.


Demonstrating the star block.

Demonstrating punches.


Demonstrating kicks.
I have been really impressed with the things they are being taught. They go to the Bobby Lawrence Karate Studio. They really emphasize being motivated to do things right, go the extra mile, and help out around the house without being asked. They both go around the house now saying "yes mam" all the time. (they still whine and say no plenty too) It is kind of funny, so don't think I am a nazi mom if you hear them say that. Stockton's class should be earning their yellow belts soon too, so I will post that when it happens.

No comments: