Friday, December 18, 2009

All The Little Things

I feel so busy every day, but most of the time I can't tell you much that I have done. The kids are busy playing and having fun and making lots of things for me to clean up usually. But I am glad they are active, happy, have lots of friends and good imaginations. As hard as Peyton can be for getting into things and making huge messes, I am glad that he is inquisitive and interested in exploring and doing things. I haven't been very good at updating all the little day to day things we have been doing, but luckily I have taken pictures of some of them. So I will catch you up in one big post.

Peyton has kept me especially busy the last few weeks as he has learned how to take the potty stool all over the house and reach all kinds of new things like light switches, the water lever on the fridge, the silverware drawer, the scissors, screwdrivers, my makeup and the soap from the sinks and tub. It would take too long to tell all the stories associated with these finds, but I am sure you can imagine.

Here is our finished cardboard castle. (explanation below)
I love family fun magazine. They have lots of fun ideas of things to do. Some of my favorite memories of when I was pretty young are making crafty things like this with my mom. I saw this cool cardboard castle in the magazine and thought Stockton would love to make it. We saved all kinds of boxes and packages for weeks and finally put it together. The magazine one was painted and had flags and stuff, but I didn't get that far. (I actually didn't think it would last long enough anyway) They had lots of fun playing legos and polly pockets with it.

Peyton loved Halloween this year. He thought it was so great that you went to all the neighbor houses and held out a bucket and people gave you candy. The next morning, he put part of his costume back on and got his bucket and kept bringing it out for me to put more candy in it. He was disappointed that it didn't work the next day! He just got raisins from the snack drawer.

Falling asleep at the table after a hard day of playing. You've got to love the bobbing head action, gun still in hand.

The kids new favorite game is taking a blanket ride through the house. They don't play "sharks" on the couch very much right now, but always ask dad to take them on blanket rides. Its a little cramped in our house, but they still love it.


Stockton is dreaming of when he can go play in the sandbox again. (Don't mind the red eye here, holy cow!)

1 comment:

maxyne said...

Thank you for the updates we love the little stories!!! G & G