Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Years 2010 and Peyton's Birthday

I am getting a little behind. Boy I wish I had a time machine so that I could accomplish everything I would like to in a day! So here are our pictures of New Years Eve and Peyton's second birthday.
I'll let you in on a little secret. As you can see if you look carefully at the clock in the picture, we celebrated New Years at 8:00pm at our house. The kids had been up quite late for the two nights before and they don't sleep in ever. So then they are just grumpy and tired the next day. We were pretty tired too. Peyton was lucky to even make it to eight. Anyway, they didn't know the difference and had a great time.

They loved the hats and blowers! And believe it or not, two of the hats survived for next year!

My own baby new years!

We got a wii fit for Chistmas this year so we added playing the games as a family to our tradition of Fat Jacks pizza and watching our home movies. I even tried opening a bottle of sparkling cider with wine glasses to add the the celebration. The kids thought it was the nastiest stuff ever. (which is probably not a bad thing!)

They had a blast and beat me at almost all of the games. I am already looking forward to next year!

Peyton had an "observed" birthday on Sunday when we got together with the fam. He was really excited to be the center of attention. He's getting the hang of opening presents.


In honor of his new found love of "too too's" I made him a train cake. I was happy he knew what it was and would point to it, get excited, and say "too too."

He wasn't so sure about blowing out the candle. He didn't want to blow very hard so it took us a few tries and maybe some help to get it out.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

ohhhh, that's cute

The Nielsen Family said...

darling cake

Kristen said...

So cute! We loved all of the pictures. The train cake is AMAZING Amber!! Is there anything you can't do?? :)

I'm sorry we missed Peyton's birthday. I knew it was coming up, I should have known. Good thing he's young and doesn't know we forgot. Give him a hug for us.

The Hill Family said...

What a great cake! I'm thinking of making Carter's this year but have never made a theme cake so we'll see! Hope he had a great birthday! How are they 2 already? Thanks for posting all the pics; I can't believe how much stuff your kids got for Christmas! Carter's Santa is pretty cheap and taking advantage of the fact that he doesn't really care right now anyways. Hope all is well!

Rachel said...

cute cute cake!!