Abby just turned 5. We had a super fun Alice in Wonderland party. The kids went and saw the new Alice in Wonderland and they wanted to come and see the old one. They liked them. I haven't seen the new one and the old one is not my favorite, but I came across the idea for the party on a blog and it was sooo cute. I knew I wanted to do something like that for her. Abby was pretty excited when I brought it up. So we had a croquet party.
We had sunday dinner with Andy's family a few days before the birthday. I had been wanting to try this cake for awhile. It started falling apart before we ate it. But the flowers turned out cute.
This is the invitation we sent. It is pretty close to the one I saw on the blog.
We turned the dining room into a wonderland with pink, green, yellow, blue and orange. I had hoped to have this outside, but our warm weather didn't last.
This was our gift basket for the girls. They had some great things that fit our party theme at the dollar store! I made the flowers with eyes and a little bottle that said "drink me" for each girl.
I got the plans for the cake from family fun magazine. The topsy turvy thing worked out well with our theme.
The croquet part of our party didn't last long. It was too cold. But they had fun with cake and ice cream. And of course opening presents is always a hit.
We had an all girl party and invited aunts, grandmas, and great grandmas. I was sad that more of the women in the family live too far away. Just know that we were thinking of you!




2 comments:
How CUTE!!! Amber you are so creative and so good with stuff like that. I'm just going to have you throw my kid's parties. :)
I LOVE everything. The cakes are awesome. Wish we could have been there. I really need to make a list of everyone's birthdays because Kyle always tells me days after! :)
We'll have to call and wish her a happy late birthday.
Are you kidding me??? That is about the cutest thing ever and I LOVED the invites. You are so super creative.
Post a Comment