Saturday, June 5, 2010

Stockton's 8th Birthday Party and Baptism

Stockton got baptized today. I cannot believe he is old enough. Time has gone by so fast as always. We had a special day with family and Stock had a big smile on his face the whole time.



Our crew at the baptism. We are lucky to have such a great family who always support us in everything we do. I am grateful to Andy's brothers and their wives for all the fun they make for our kids and always playing with them. And of course for the super wonderful grandma and grandpa!!!


Stockton and Maizey have played together since they were babies. Their birthdays are just 4 days apart. It was fun to have her get baptized on the same day.

For Stock's Birthday, we invited over all the boys in the neighborhood and a couple of school friends. He wanted to have and "army" party. We started out making paper airplanes which was a big hit. Then we shot nerf guns at targets and finished with a game of I spy with things I had hidden around the yard. This was the first party I have ever done where I felt like the kids were engaged and liked the games the whole time.

They raced all around the house with their airplanes.

The tank cake. Who knew homemade black frosting would really work?
It has been a fun month. My kids are growing up way too fast, but we are so blessed and life is good!!!

3 comments:

The Nielsen Family said...

cute cake, love the Oreo's

Kelly Stanworth said...

That's a serious birthday cake! The Haskell Family side is growing more and more every year. You guys are so lucky to have so many people around who love you and your kids. Where are the pictures for the after baptism festivities...I want to see all the darling goodies and decorations.

Mandy said...

Looks like Payton is cheating in the paper airplane game. Stock is quit the handsome little fella. That cake is every little boys dream cake. You are super mom!