When you hear we stopped at Haiti you are probably wondering if we saw any of the earthquake areas. No we didn't. Labadee is Royal Carribean's own private beach area. Everything there was really nice. They did have one little area where they let locals come to barter and haggle while they sale their hand made items. But other than that, most of the people there were workers from our ship.
I was really surprised when we got off the boat it was a hot and sunny day, but it was like it was so humid that there was a foggy look to the mountains around us. You can kind of see it in this picture. I will have to ask Justin about that. He lived in the Dominican Republic for two years. (the other half of the island where Haiti is)
On the corner of the property there were these really cool rock formations. It was called Dragon's breath because the rocks kind of look like a dragon head from the side. Inside the maze of rocks there is some kind of a blow hole thing that makes a hissing noise every few seconds. It kind of sounds like what you would imagine a breathing dragon would sound like. I thought it was cool.
Sorry everyone, I had to put at least one kissing picture in.





1 comment:
I like the cowboy hat! I'm so jealous that we didn't get a vacation this spring...maybe next year.
Post a Comment