Thursday, April 1, 2010

Puerto Rico


Our third port was San Juan, Puerto Rico. It is a photographers paradise. There are two old forts there that you can tour. (I think that might be where they filmed the end of Romancing the Stone) They were so old and cool looking. I had a blast taking tons of pictures. We had and extra short day there, but we had a great time looking around. Sorry, you are going to get stuck with some architecture pictures. It was so cool, the pictures don't do it justice.

This was just another cool old rundown building. I think maybe you had to be there for this one.

A view of our ship from the fort.

Archways around the main square inside.


I just loved the old patina of something that has been here forever.
There were lots of cool tunnels to travel to different areas of the fort.

There were tons of these places where the old cannons had been facing out to the ocean. Andy was giving me paranoid mother moments by hanging out on the edge to a very long drop.

Just more old building stuff that I loved.

The walls on the inside of the fort had the coolest yellow patina. You could tell they were really old with lots of history. The rest of our group was nice to put up with my lagging behind to take pics.

It was really hot, so we caught some shade and checked out the instructions on how to fire a cannon. The last step on the instructions involved praying to a patron saint.

There was this huge grassy area around this fort. There were a bunch of school kids having field trips that day. They had picnic lunches and then some of them were flying kites. It was so relaxing and looked like such a fun place to hang out.
There were a bunch of guard towers that were really pretty looking. We all got pics there.
I loved Puerto Rico. It was my second favorite stop on the trip, but nothing beats St. John.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

So cool! You seemed to do a great job capturing the architecture.