Thursday, April 8, 2010

You can't roll Easter Eggs in the snow!

This is the only Easter I ever remember with snow. We got a good 6 inches or so over the weekend. Growing up rolling Easter Eggs down the hills at Capital Reef was a huge tradition for us. They were pretty much demolished by the time they made it to the bottom. (I have since learned that not everybody grew up doing this. It is a south-central Utah thing.) It is something we have tried to keep up with our kids so that they can continue some of my family traditions. They have loved it in the past. Usually we just go somewhere close by and they throw them until the birds come and eat them. But this year with the snow there was no way. I quietly just threw them away after all the Easter excitement was over.

These are some cute little bunny treats we made for Sunday dinner with all the Haskells. I saw them in Family Fun Magazine and thought they looked really cute.

The kids attempt to bribe the Easter Bunny with carrots and then leave a note that they wanted Zhu Zhu pets.

I guess its a good thing he takes requests.

They loved coloring eggs!!

Peyton's favorite part was putting them into the dye cups, over and over and over again. Almost all his eggs were light brown.

Abby had fun making pink and purple eggs.

Stockton was having fun experimenting with the different colors and how they combined.
Grandma Haskell had her traditional egg hunt. Only this year it was in the basement instead of outside. The kids still loved it and had a blast.

Grandpa had to help the little ones.


The kids still had a blast coloring eggs, doing the egg hunt, and getting baskets full of treats and some small toys. It was a fun holiday even if it wasn't warm enough to go outside.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Love the pictures! Wish we could have been there. I love the bunny treats. What is the car? I'm guessing a Debbie treat but I can't remember the name. Swiss roll maybe?