

Amy was diagnosed with a brain tumor after suffering from a migrane and then passing out at home. They lifefllighted her to Salt Lake and gave her emergency treatments. She was eventually able to come to the rehab unit at Utah Valley Regional. She underwent massive therapy to learn how to do almost everything all over again (and sparked a career for Andy in Occupational Therapy) and had lost a lot of her short term memory.

She was eventually able to come home and have 16 more months to spend with her family. Andy remembers teasing her a lot and having lots of fun. They all remember her being willing to help out a lot with all her little brothers. I missed meeting her by a few days. She actually died the day Andy and I were supposed to have our first date. (hopefully not a bad omen for our relationship) I was so sad that I missed knowing her and the friend that I would have had in her. I look forward to meeting her someday.
Max Jay Chesnut
June 1957- August 1982
This is my dad in high school. I can see so much of him in my kids. Abby even has that same gap in her teeth and smirky smile. ( I had the gap too, but luckily it grew together by the time I got to high school.) 
My dad was a logger. He worked with his dad and brothers doing the family logging business. I know he loved every minute of it. His favorite place to be was the mountains. Eventhough, I was only 7 when he died, I even remember him saying once that when he died he wanted it to be in the mountains. He was granted the blessing of going the way he wanted, in a logging accident. I truely know from the cicumstances of his death that it was meant to happen at that time.
My next sister wasn't born until I was 5, so there are lots of pictures of just me and my parents. These are a couple of my favorites. He left me with a rich heritage of love for Boulder Mountain and spending time just being outside.
My dad was only 25 when he died. When I turned 25 and then 26 and had actually outlived his life, it made me realize how young that really was. Stockton will be the same age I was when he died next year and that also makes me realize how young I was. I am so thankful for the time I had to spend with him. And I am grateful for my beliefs that I will be able to see and talk to him again some day!



2 comments:
thanks for the tears
you are right, that was much better than flowers
so sweet
Ditto on the tears! I can't see my keyboard right now. I hope that you are ok that we gave Brogan Tuv for a middle name. It is out of the most respect possible for your dad...
Post a Comment