Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sand Dunes

We went to the Little Sahara sand dunes this past weekend as a little family camping trip. We had such a fun time! Each time that we take the kids camping though, I realize how much work it takes to go, especially for just overnight like we usually do. I know it is totally worth it though for all the fun memories the kids will make. This is the part where I say thank you to my mom for all the fun camping we did as kids. And to my in laws for all the fun trips they have taken us and our kids on. And for letting us use their trailer.

We don't rough it quite as much as I did as a kid. In fact, on this trip, Ryan brought a generator and his TV and satellite from home so we could all watch the Jazz game around the campfire. I have put tons of pictures on from our trip. I know that is the part I enjoy most on other blogs, so bear with me. I was really sad though. About an hour before we were coming home I let Stockton use the camera to take a few pictures. The next thing I knew, he handed the camera back and it said that all the images were erased. What a bummer!!!!! Luckily my sister in laws had taken some pictures that they shared with me. And I snapped a few more before we left.

This is Justin's girlfriend Leslie. She is doing an internship in SLC through BYU Hawaii. We are having fun getting to know her and she is super nice and fun. Everyone took turns helping us with Peyton. We had to keep him in the shade since he is still too young for sunscreen.
This is a giant hill that Andy kept putting the kids on his back and running up and down. He was showing off how in shape he is. Nobody else could make it as many times as he did. Abby loved running down full speed and kept wanting to do it again.
Taking it easy while the grown up packed up our stuff. It's a hard life being a kid.
Having some lunch with our cousins, Alydia and Aiden. Stockton had some grapes, some chips, and a bun. I don't know how that child survives.
Abby playing dollies in the trailer.
Abby totally loved the dunes. She couldn't get enough of rolling down the sandy hills.
Unfortunately, that left her with a face and eyes full of sand. But she didn't let that slow her down!
The uncles dug this sand fort and even made special seats for all the kids. They thought it was pretty cool.
Afterward, Abby turned her seat into a slide. Can you say pants full of sand?

Roasting marshmallows. Abby has picked up her little head poses from watching her cousin Alydia. They are both little princesses.
Waiting for lunch to be served.
Having fun on the dunes. I was really worried about having Peyton out in the hot sun and the wind. But believe it or not, this was our best trip to the sand dunes for wind. There was just a nice cool breeze. This umbrella worked well for keeping Peyton out of the sun. Andy and I took turns sitting on a lawn chair in the shade with him.
We only lasted for a couple of hours on the dunes before the kids got hungry, tired, and grouchy. But they had a blast. We brought all of Stockton's sand box toys. So they played diggers, took some 4 wheeler rides, and wallered in the sand. We all had a great time and made some fun memories.


2 comments:

Haskell Fam said...

Believe it or not after seeing all of these pics, I want to go back! Or maybe just go somewhere as a family again. It's always so much Fun!! Cute Pics, I will try to send mine over to you soon...I'm Slow!

Grandma Debbie said...

Indeed, that looked like everyone had so much fun!
It did bring back good memories of fun camping trips on the mountain and Lake Powell with you kids and our friends.
love, Mom