Saturday, May 10, 2008

Whats New?

Peyton has been trying to sit up all the time. So I got out our walker. This is a hand me down we've had since Stockton was a baby. NONE of my kids has been able to touch the floor in it. Even on the lowest setting. They all have short Haskell legs. They don't seem to like their legs just hanging there, so I have to put a pillow under there to give them something to stand on.
We have been working with Stockton on numbers and letters. One trick that Andy uses a lot with OT and Stockton's teacher actually suggested too is to write them in shaving cream on the table. His preschool teacher used to let them play with toys in shaving cream as a sensory thing. So we compromised. He used the tires to "drive" the letters and numbers in the shaving cream. It is a little messy, but is smells good and the table is really clean when its all done.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I should so try that shaving cream thing. The occupational therapist did it once and I think she regretted it!

Maybe now would be a little better when she doesn't want to eat everything in sight!