Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer time, Summer time, Sum Sum Summertime

I haven't posted for a while because it seems like we haven't been doing too many exciting things. Just the day to day stuff. It is finally getting hot outside and the kids love to play with their friends downstairs where it is nice and cool or run through the sprinkler outside.



I am having a hard time believing that Peyton is actually almost 6 months old! Time has flown by and life seems to be crazier for us than ever before with no signs of letting up. I have started trying him on solid foods. He really hasn't been interested at all. But we will keep trying. He loved eating his bib way more than his sweet potatoes. He seems to have his fingers in his mouth all the time, he especially loves his thumbs. He doesn't suck on them but chews on them. I keep checking for teeth, but haven't seen anything yet.


Stockton already has the "bored" syndrome with school being out. We have started chores and he is doing summer school for 4 hours a week. But if he doesn't have a friend over, he thinks he is going to die. So the other day we went through some of my files. We looked for some activities to do and he found one he was really excited about. It was camping on the living room floor. I was too lazy to get the tent out and set it up. (I have actually already done that once this summer.) So we just made beds on the floor. They had a good time and want to do it again some time, but I don't know if I want to because they didn't go to sleep for a couple of hours after bed time. I guess that is what summer is all about though.


Stockton has been begging to get his 4 wheeler out to ride. We usually have quite a crowd of kids over here though and I don't think it is a great toy for big groups. But the other day all our neighbors were gone so I got it out and he rode all over the place. He had a great time. It is hard to see, but he always wears goggles to protect his eyes since he is such a speed demon! (His idea, not ours!)

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Are you sure Peyton is 6 months. I haven't seen many 6 month olds with mustaches. Tell Stocky to keep rockin the goggles.

Grandma Debbie said...

Can't wait to see my grandbabies Wednesday. Call you tomorrow before we leave. I bet Peyton would eat cotton candy but I guess that's not really solid food. I don't remember you guys camping on the floor, but I remember you liked the cardboard house in your bedroom.

Myriah said...

Do you remember the inflatable furniture we had? I can remember me and Jody Erin jumping off the top bunk and landing on the inflatable couch.

The Hill Family said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun summer!! I can't believe how big Peyton is getting! 6 months already--Carter will be 4 months this week! It's amazing how time flies!!

Rachel said...

Abby looks just like you in that picture of her with the flashlight. She is a doll.