We had an absolutely fab 4th of July. It has always been one of my favorite holidays. This year was really busy with all of the activities we did, but super fun. I have pictures downloaded from 3 different cameras here, so they are a little mixed up. We started out Thursday with some fireworks on the front sidewalk. Grandma and Grandpa came up to watch with the kids. Abby didn't like the noise, but Stockton has turned into a pyro and loved every minute of it. Then on Friday we watched Andy play in a 3v3 soccer tourney most of the day. On the way home from that we got rear-ended in the car with all three kids. It sounded bad, but no one was hurt and the car can be fixed, so we will survive. That night we went to a BBQ at Ty and Ash's and then to Provo High to watch the big fireworks. Andy and my Brother in law Jarad went to Stadium of Fire to Watch Miley Cirus and mabye some fireworks too. That was a late night, then early the next morning we headed to Torrey for Big Apple Days. The kids loved the parade and games, and then we went camping on Boulder Mountain by Lower Bowns. Myriah and Jarad stayed with us and it was great to see them. We caught Mandy for a little here and there. I always love to be with my sisters, especially when we can all 3 be together. So it was pretty busy, but a great weekend for us!

Here we are roasting marshmallows. I think I liked them more than the kids.

Abby didn't want anything to do with a cooked marshmallow. Stockton just liked sticking them in the fire to watch them burn.

Andy took the kids fishing for about 1/2 an hour. They didn't get any bites, so it didn't last too long.

Lower Bowns was really pretty. We ended up camping down by the lake. It was pretty crazy for me and Myriah. The water is much lower than it was when we were growing up. It has changed things alot. Where we camped would have been under water when we were kids.

The kids loved the Torrey parade. It is pretty small and low key. Abby was obsessed with Smokey the Bear. She was ready to jump in the truck and go home with him. Sockton wanted to know where the motorcycle cops were like in Payson's parade.

Torrey always has a little carnival. The last two years they have rented bounce houses and it has been a huge hit with the kids. I was impressed that Stockton went down this big slide a few times. He may be breaking out of his timidness.

We ate dinner on our coolers. Next camping purchase is a fold up table! Tin foil dinners are the best!

When we were growing up we would roast hot dogs and marshmallows on willow branches. That is a big memory for me (and myriah). So I had to do it with the kids this time too.

This is Andy at the soccer tourney.

Getting ready to watch fireworks friday. Grandma got the kids glow in the dark necklaces. Ashley helped put them all together.

Uncle Ryan brought some small fireworks to keep us busy while we waited for the big ones. Stockton became his new best friend. He and liddie had fun doing sparklers together.

Peyton liked the glow in the dark stuff too.

Andy and his friend Paul at stadium of fire.

Part of the Show. He said it was really good. And not just Miley either.

Its a good thing grandma came with spare hands to plug abby's ears. She did not like the fire works.

The kids had a great time playing in Lower Bowns. They made a dam with rocks and had ablast getting wet. I am sure the water was pretty cold, but they didn't seem to mind.

Their favorite part is going in and out of the tent. At least 100 times!

Cheeks are us. Myriah loves these self taken photos. But with us, all you can see is cheeks. I sure love being able to hang out with my sisters. I wish we could get together more often.
3 comments:
Wow, you're my hero...camping and a little baby. Don't know how you do it. I feel like I can barely manage to take all of mine to church each week and you're off making great memories! Looks like you guys had a great time.
Looks like your camping trip turned out great! I was worried that you were going to get rained on but thankfully it cleared up on Saturday. Good memories, I hope it was all Stockton wanted it to be! It was great seeing you and your sisters, I bet you do love it when you all get together.
Ohhhh, what a great 4th it looks like you guys had lots of festivities going on!! I love your pics of Lower Bowns, we used to go there fishing with my Grandpa T and it was always a great time. Love the camping pics and roasting marshmallows with willows, brings back a lot of Wayne County memories. Now Andy, Miley Cirus?? :)
Post a Comment