Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yearly Pictures of the Kids

In the past, we have taken the kids to kiddie Kandids every year around their birthdays for a yearly picture. This year I decided to try my hand at doing our own and saving a few hundred dollars. We took them to Salem Pond.



We had a super hard time trying to get something of Stockton. He has this square mouth fake smile and that is all I could get. We would try to make him laugh and then we would get a real cute smile, but he would look away from the camera every time. So I need to figure out how to work with him better. I was looking all over for our whoopie cushion. I know that would have made him laugh. But I couldn't find it. Next time I will have to hit the dollar store and pick one up before we take pics.



Of course I forgot the boppy and blanket I was going to use for Peyton, so we improvised. But they still ended up ok.




Abby has made such a turn around in the last year. She used to hate getting her picture taken and cried the whole time. Now she is miss photogenic and loves to be in the spot light. As we were trying to take pics of the boys, she kept going to different places and posing and then saying "mom take my picture." She does have a good eye for spots though. Some of them were perfect backgrounds.

I love pictures! I am still learning a lot about lighting and working with the kids. There are so many things you can do on the computer now too. But I have forever to practice and I love just spending time trying!

8 comments:

Haskell Fam said...

Good Job! They all look so cute! Your kids are beautiful!

The Nielsen Family said...

Those are so cute! They look so grown up! Maybe I should come visiting teaching more often so I don't miss out on them growing up! Good job!

ty and ash said...

Awesome skills Amber!! The kids look adorable!!

Rachel said...

So darn cute! you did a super job and I must say the kids did a super job smiling for you, even Stockton. That is such a pretty place too, what a fun afternoon.
I can so hear Abby saying "take a pciture of me now mom." She is so cute.

Camille said...

Impressive work Amber! I think they turned out much better than Kiddie Kandids would have done and they mean more because you took them. Abby is such a beauty & your boys are so cute too! By the way, a belated Happy Birthday to you from me. Sorry I forgot!

The Hill Family said...

How adorable!! You are really talented! I can't believe what a big boy Stockton is!

Shannon said...

Amber, I'm impressed! Those look awesome! They all turned out so good! I love the flower in Abby's hair...too cute!

Mandy said...

What cute kids. I am afraid that Abby has got the Chesnut crazy eye gene though. I wish they would stay that age forever!!!!