We thought Stockton broke his nose earlier this week. He and Abby were playing on the couch with the cushions off. I was in the other room and heard a loud bonk and a scream right after. I knew he hurt himself by the scream and came in to see him holding his nose. He had bonked it really hard on the wooden frame of the couch somehow. By the time I got there it started bleeding pretty good from both sides. (By this time Abby saw the blood and started crying too, thinking he must be dying and it was her fault.) It was already swollen and purple. I got the bleeding stopped and put a bag of frozen corn on it. We got some advil and put on some Scooby-Doo and he calmed right down. I was surprised how fast he got over it.

A few hours later.

The next day.

2 days later.
I called the doctor and he said it probably was just some cartilidge damage and not really broken. He stopped by and looked at it after work. He said we couldn't really do much for it besides pain control and that Stock would probably get two black eyes. I have been waiting for him to get more bruised, but this is about all he's had so far. So I think we got off lucky. It looks like it wasn't as bad as I first thought. It is still a little swollen, purple, and sore, but not too bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment