We went to help grandma and grandpa dig potatoes for family night this week. Stockton was in heaven digging with a purpose and looking for the spuds.

Abby loves fresh green beans just like her mom. She and I loved to pick them while we are by the garden and just eat them raw. So Yummy!!!!!!
Stockton kept saying every time they found some potatoes that "he grew these potatoes". He wanted to make sure that everyone knew that. He actually helped with the planting and now the harvesting, but I don't think he had too much to do with it in between.
A potato gun. For some reason Stockton is into guns right now and he thought this potato shaped like a gun was really cool.
Having fun with some freedom.
Peyton had fun walking around the cement in his walker. It was fun for him to go all over without walls to run into. The funny part was that he kept running over a weed coming out of the cracks, instead of roaming all over.
The kids thought that digging the potatoes was so fun. Everytime Andy would pull a shovel full of dirt out with potatoes they would get so excited and amazed. Maybe we will have to plant some potatoes next year. But it is so fun to see the kids with the garden and have them enjoy watching plants grow and see that we eat things that we have grown ourselves.



4 comments:
Peyton looks so grown up. Those peas look really good. I love raw pea's too. I am jealous!
Ohhh, the memories of picking potatoes!! How fun for your kids!! I can't believe what a mini-Amber your little Abby is -- so cute!
So... thanks for introducing me to raw beans- so good! The kids were so funny that night, HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THIS ONE! Can't get enough of them, I loved how they kept trying to figure out what each one looked like the gun was definitely the best. I think Stockt and Aiden are really into pirates right now that's why the guns are so awesome. It will be fun taking them on the Pirates of the Carribean ride when we go to DISNEYLAND! Can't wait, cute post I will have to get some of those pics from ya!
I want in on the Disneyland trip! Looks like fun. I've never done well with potatoes. Yummy on the raw peas...can't get enough. See you tomorrow night for our class.
Post a Comment