Friday, October 3, 2008

Photoshop Fun and Other Current Events


Ok, Peyton is officially doing the wounded soldier crawl. He can get pretty much anywhere now. I am sure real crawling isn't far behind. He is also loving his walker. I have moved all the rugs in the kitchen and he walks all over in it. He recently realized that we have a shoe cubby by the back door. Now he likes to walk over there and pull the shoes out. It is so funny how it doesn't take long for babies to find things to get into. His other favorite stop is the magnets and kids school stuff on the fridge.

I don't know if he knows for sure what he is doing or not, but he loves to block all of us in my bedroom. Especially Abby because she is the most scared of him. She will stand in there and cry for me to come get her out of my room if Peyton is blocking the door. You might wonder why she is afraid of him? It is because he runs over your feet if you are anywhere near him and it hurts!!! So he will chase her in there or the living room and then stand guard so no one can get out. It seems like he knows he is playing a game with us, but maybe I give him too much credit.


He also likes to try to get into the dishwasher when it is down. Luckily his tray blocks him from being able to reach much. He will walk into the door with his legs and kind of bonk them, but he still can't reach the dishes. Then he will turn and look at me or andy like "What is going on here?"

He is pretty happy if his tray is full of cheerios. Needless to say, there is a trail of cheerios where ever he's been and I am cleaning them off the floor all day. But they keep him happy and busy.


In other current events, I have been taking photoshop and photograpy classes through Payson Rec. It has been so fun. I finally know how to do alot of editing effects that I have seen on some photography web sites. I am having a blast. I am also learning a lot about how to use my camera and how to make it work in situations I had trouble with before (dark building, etc.) as well as lighting and composition. Did I mention I am having so much fun?I love this blur effect. It is so fun to try. These turned out great. I was trying it on a picture of Stockton with the rings, but it didn't work right, so I will have to ask the teacher next time.


This one of curt and mandy was fun. I took all the color out and then made her bouquet colored again. It is pretty subtle since the flowers were a creamy white to begin with. I am going to try one where I paint the flowers blue when I get a chance.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber, your photos are awesome! I have always wanted to take a photography class, I wish I would have known you were doing it. Maybe you can just give me some tips. :)
Kara

Mandy said...

That is a beautiful, but we were married on the 16th.

Rachel said...

Peyton so knows that he is playing a great game and running the roost! That is so cute, I can imagine poor litte Abby ... poor thing.
What a fun class to take, and what great things you are learning!

ty and ash said...

Your pictures look so pretty! I really like the blury edges. You'll definitely have to teach me some photoshop tricks! We've had the program for years and I've never been able to figure it out.. Can't wait till Payters is really cruisin!!

Camille said...

Fun photography stuff; maybe when I move back to Utah you can be my mentor because that's something I've always wanted to do, just haven't done it yet! Did I ever tell you that you have the cutest kids!!

The Hill Family said...

Great photos Amber; you are really talented!! Carter isn't moving yet and I'm okay with that. I'm sure it gets crazy when they are mobile! We miss you guys; fun to see how big your kids are getting!