Andy took some time off for this long weekend. He didn't draw out for a deer tag, so he was just spending time with us. We have had fun just being together. He is so good to play outside with the kids. Abby has even talked him into playing some games as well as little people and dollies. Our house is clean for the first time in months. It has been nice for everyone.
The other evening we decided to take the kids on a hike to the grotto. I haven't been up there for probably a couple of years. It is a nice short hike and the trail has been improved alot to make it pretty easy for anyone. There are several little bridges made out of logs that have been cut flat on one side. So you get to cross the stream four or five times. The kids thought it was really cool. It was pretty and fun as ever, but several other people had the same thought as us and it was a little crowded. So we didn't stay long. I will have to take the kids a few times next summer when it warms back up.
This is a nice shot of me in midsentence. But I wanted to get at least one picture of Peyton. He was so excited. He hasn't been in the carrier for a long time. He was kicking and super happy the whole time we were hiking. He definately loves to be outside.
Alright, so I made them hold hands for this one. I thought it would be so cute of them holding hands down this beautiful trial. It was like pulling teeth. The just wanted to run and go, go, go. They did do what I asked for long enough for me to take one picture. I guess that was enough.





3 comments:
looks super fun, love that log bridge. I get the kids loved it.
So cute holding hands. You know we all love pictures like that and it is so rare that they naturally hold hands (unless you don't have your camera handy, then the moment is always there). Ryan hiked it with Lisa a couple of weeks ago...Nick was sleeping for once, so I missed out.
So pretty! And kudos to Andy for playing dollies! What a good daddy!
Post a Comment