Friday, October 17, 2008

Pickin' Punkins

We had so much fun picking pumpkins for family night this week. Last year we went to The Red Barn in Santaquin and did the wagon ride to pick our own pumpkins. The kids loved it and it made a fun tradition. This year we decided to let them pick their own again, but we tried the "Jakers" patch. It is part of Harward Farms in Springville. I totally recommend them for anyone who hasn't got their pumkins yet.


They had a cool old truck sitting there with a bunch of already picked pumpkins. There was some hay piled up there next to it. It made the perfect place to snap a pic. I love the cute rosy fall cheeks and noses.


Peyton is excited for pickin out his pumkin.
You get to park right there by the field and just walk over and pick your pumpkin. They have different areas with different sizes and prices.
Stockton was on the lookout for the perfect pumpkin. He found several good ones. He had fun cutting the stem, but didn't want to carry it back.

Abby was looking for a baby pumpkin. She just wanted a small one. We found some smaller ones, but none as small and cute as the one she found last year. She was still happy with what she got.



They also had a little hay maze set up for little kids. It wasn't much and looked like it had seen better days, but my kids had fun walking through it and thought it was really cool. They especially liked the part where you went under some hay. Very fun!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds very fun. You are becoming very talented in the picture taking. I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween!

Rachel said...

Abby looks so much like you in that last picture, holy smokes!

Mandy said...

I just want to squish all 3 of them. They are soooo cute. I think I say that in all my comments, but hey are darling little people.

The Hill Family said...

I can't wait to take Carter to a pumpkin patch. I can honestly say I've never been to one! I know what a deprived life I lead. Have a happy halloween!!