Monday, October 6, 2008

Just Practicing

After two rainy days (i'm not complaining), the evening last night was nice. We took the kids to play outside after watching tv for the last two days. There is something about being outside at sunset that is just special. I have learned from my photography class that it may just be good lighting, but everything has this nice glow. I am still learning how to use the manual controls on my camera for shutter speed and lens size (or f stop). I was practicing different settings. I thought I had pretty much figured it out, but then some things happened that confused me. So its good there are a few more classes so I can ask my teacher.

I was trying to use a faster shutter speed to capture the kids jumping on the tramp without being blurry. It worked pretty well. The sunset makes the backgroud almost look fake.

We love our view. I had to get a shot of the valley with fresh snow on timp.


Here is Stock showing off his moves on the tramp.

This is the neighbor's cat. Abby loves them so much. She wants to get a kitty really bad. Every night when the neighbors get home and let the cats out she will go and coax or kidnap at least one to play with. We are working in teaching her and Stockton how to hold them right. But they still have a hard time. The funny thing is as much as they mall the cats, they will sit and meow at our door when the kids go in for the night. Why get cats when we can play with the ones that the neighbors feed and house?

My two cute guys. When I change my lens size it makes the background blur and just focuses on the subject. A fun effect I need to practice working with.

3 comments:

The Hill Family said...

Nice actions shots! I will have to look around for some classes to take when we move back. I would love to learn how to take good pictures.

Anonymous said...

You are turning into quite the photographer... I love the picture of Abbey and the cat. Now I want to take photo classes

The Lords said...

Great photos! Thanks again for letting our family come over yesterday. We had a great time visiting! Your kids are so fun! (Sorry again that Ashlyn ate all of Peyton's cheerios...we are still working on the "not yours" thing.)