Andy and I were able to take a much needed vacation this past weekend. My sisters and brothers-in-law were nice enough to watch our kids for four days while we enjoyed some Arizona sunshine.

The Seattle Mariners, Andy's team, has spring training near Phoenix every year. We have gone a few times and it is always a lot of fun. I am not that huge of a sports fan, but at spring training the park is really small and you can get really close to the game. It is fun to see some of the players right up close. Also you can't complain about the nice 85 degree weather when it was snowing here.
We ended up driving down since it was much cheaper! We stopped by the south rim of the grand canyon on the way. I had never been there before. Maybe its because I didn't appreciate the ecological and geological significance of the canyon, but I was not really impressed. Maybe its because I grew up 5 miles from Capitol Reef and not too far from Arches and Canyonlands. But I think they are every bit as beautiful and awesome as the grand canyon.
Don't get me wrong. It was really pretty and we had a great time looking around for awhile. I got to play with some of the different lenses on my camera and that was fun. We stayed at this really cool resort in Phoenix that has a miniwater park, mini golf, tennis courts, and a spa all included. (I highly recommend it if anyone wants a great spring vacation) We spent Saturday just floating around the lazy river for like 3 hours. It was so relaxing. But as much as we love getting away, we always miss our kids like crazy and can't wait to get home to them.



4 comments:
Oh wow that looks like so much fun!! Glad you were able to take a get-a-way! Sounds like Justin and Leslie will be great parents someday.. We were "on-call" and didn't hear from them once!
Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm feeling like a vacation right about now too.
I feel kinda funny commenting when you don't know me, but I was checking out my cousin Shannon's blog and she had you guys on her friends blog list.. Randy went to high school with you..small world.
Oh and I graduated from Payson High. I actually knew Amy Haskell before she passed away. She was such a sweet girl.
Anyway, fun to have something in common! You guys have a darling family.
Randy and Kristen Hiskey
What a fun trip! The river is a lot of fun...I went a lot when I lived there for a year.
Post a Comment