Monday, March 29, 2010

Cruise Memories- First 3 days

We just returned from crossing an item off my bucket list!!! I have wanted to go on a carribean cruise since about middle school. Andy and I just spent 10 wonderful days touring the US Virgin Island, Puerto Rico, and Haiti. We went with two other couples who are friends from our college days. We had such a great time and I took around 500 pictures. I will spare you all of them, but want to post lots, so I will break it down into the different places we went and things we did.

We left from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and had three days at sea to start off. The ship was beautiful and we enjoyed mini golf and rock climbing right on the top deck. We spent a lot of time just soaking up the sun and relaxing. We were pretty tired from the red eye flight we took to get there, getting no sleep the night before. Of course we enjoyed eating nonstop and watching all the little shows they have at night.

The sea of luggage people left as they boarded the ship. Ours in is there somewhere.

I loved all the decorations at the buffet. They had a couple of cute animals made from fruit. I wanted a picture in case I ever need to make fruit animals. You never know when that might come in handy.

Here we are relaxing while we waited to leave the port. There were about 7 ships all taking off that day, so we had to wait our turn. We didn't mind so much.

Here is Andy ringing the bell at the top of the climbing wall. He was so fast.

Believe it or not, he even got me to climb to the top of this one. I was much slower than him. I didn't get a picture, since I am always the one with the camera, but he got the whole thing on video. Maybe if some of you are lucky, you can watch the whole climb some day!
Of course the days just flew by. We enjoyed every minute of relaxing, sleeping in, eating, trying new things and seeing new places. Our first stop was St. Martin, it is half french and half dutch controlled. We spent most of our time on the french side. It was very interesting. More to follow on that tomorrow.

4 comments:

Kelly Stanworth said...

Jealous with a capital J!!! Can't wait to see the destinations that you'll post soon (I hope)

Haskell Fam said...

OK you have some serious blogging issues or had a blast if you have this posted before you even picked up your kids. RYAN

ourhaskellfamily said...

Before anyone calls DCFS on us, I will clarify that our children were home and getting ready for bed when I started blogging.

Mandy said...

Looks like you found the Increasable Hulk in Puerto Rico! You look super tan standing next to Andy with his shirt off. Your'e one hot mamma. It looks beautiful there and happy that you had a good time. I wanted to see pictures of you climbing.