Our second port was St. Thomas. It is American. They love Obama there--posters, stickers, and signs everywhere. But they still drive on the wrong side of the road so that was kind of weird. One of the guys we went with worked with someone from there who told us to skip St. Thomas and go to St. John instead. We took a taxi to the other side of the island to catch a ferry to St. John. It was well worth it. This was my favorite place of our whole trip. I cannot say how beautiful it was. The water was crystal clear and smooth with powdery white sand. It felt like swimming in a really salty pool. I tried snorkeling for the first time and it was awesome. We only saw a few fish, but I was still impressed.
About half of the island is a national park. This is the second place we went, Solimon Beach. It was a short hike to get to this one, so it was less crowded than the other. We had several we wanted to see, but ran out of time.
You can see how absolutely crystal clear and calm the water is.
This was the first beach we went to. The park service had bathrooms and a snack shack there. It cost $4.00 to get in. It also had a marked snorkeling trail underwater with lifeguards so it was pretty busy.
We snorkeled on the marked trail. It is right behind us by those rocks in the background. We took an underwater camera and had our friend take some pictures of us, but I have to send those in to get developed, so I will post them if they turned out when I get them back.I hope someday to go back to St. John and spend a while. It would definitely be a destination all in itself. It was awesome!!!!



3 comments:
Great Pictures! They look like postcards. When you go back, we want to be invited!!!
seriously...we want in too! Oh I can not wait for Mexico, these pics are making me very anxious, or maybe it's the screaming kids in the back ground...dunno? Love all the pictures, it looks like a blast!!
Gorgeous! And I'm in too! The pictures remind me of a litle island my family went to during our cruise to the Bahamas. It's called Blue Lagoon Island and it was paradise. It was really small though, didn't have places to stay or I would go back.
Post a Comment