Saturday, June 12, 2010

Abby's 5 Year Old Pictutres

I have been wanting to Abby's pictures for a few months now. I'll admit I have been a slacker, but the rainy spring weather didn't help either. I have been walking a few times lately and kicked myself every time that I wasn't taking the kid's pics because the lighting was perfect. So we were just getting home the other night and I decided to just run and take them. We lost the nice lighting fast and the weeds were way higher than I thought they would be on her. So we adjusted and I tried out my now 580ex flash. I haven't read the tutorial on using it yet and it has tons of settings, but it worked out great for getting some good picts as the sun went down and it got dark.


I have walked past this fire hydrant alot. It is kind of random out here in the weeds. And for the past year or so I thought it would be fun to take some pics with it. I thought it would go so cute with the red in her dress.




















I should have used my flash to make some fill light so that Abby's face is more clear here, but it is fun to know that I have forever and a willing model to keep practicing.

2 comments:

The Nielsen Family said...

They are all beautiful! Love the fire hydrant! I can't even pick a favorite.....

Rachel said...

gorgeous
you have a gift!